Thursday, February 11, 2010

Morgan City Louisiana


This picture was taken in my first undergraduate photography class. I had a manual Canon AE-1 and spent many of hours dodging and burning in the dark room to get this photo. Living in a digital world, it may be hard to keep sight of why photography is an art. This photo hangs at my desk to remind me of the art in photography. I bought the film, learned the mechanics of my camera, and then headed to the darkroom. Darkrooms are serious business for beginners. It gets easier but initially it's a dim red battlefield. Through everything, the reward is the great. The hours, the faulty enlargers, the stinky chemicals, and the expensive paper, oh the expensive paper, made photography a true art form. Photography is beautiful! A lot of love goes into this field!

No comments:

Post a Comment