Friday, February 12, 2010

Banksy New Orleans Louisiana












Banksy-
For those who aren't aware- is a pretty bad ass graffiti artist. He's the art worlds most covenant secret, no one knows who this British chap is for sure. The places he tags are to make a statement in the political, religious, or worldly affairs.
For those who are aware- so he came to New Orleans for the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina and to challenge the Grey Ghost. The grey ghost has been a resident in New Orleans that paints over any graffiti with grey paint. Let the roller brush sparring begin!

http://www.banksy.co.uk/outdoors/horizontal_1.htm

As for my Banksy adventures, here are the photos I gathered during both of my sought out excursions of the whereabouts of Mr. Banksy's Nola antics. The fun part of Banksy it's a scavenger hunt. Let the hunt begin!

9-20-2008
Amy, Deb. and I set out to find at least 4. We did a little better than we expected and found 6, 2 which were already covered

10-01-2008
Jonathan and I were in NOLA for a conference. With opportunist written all over our faces, we went hunt down any remaining Banksy's. We found 3 more.

the last one isn't NOLA it's from London. Found it walking to Camden Market. Where I also found a charming owl necklace, score! It was taken with a LOMO action sampler on 35mm film.


My favorite quotes:

Quote by Banksy: I looked out the window of the taxi on the drive into New Orleans and remarked ‘There’s still so much devastation- I can’t believe they haven’t cleaned this mess up’ to which the driver stared at me and said ‘This part of the city wasn’t affected by the hurricane- it’s always looked like this’---Banksy

(My response to that- Geez, I love New Orleans but sometimes that place looks like straight up Mexico.)

Quote Amy Estes: "Mom, I could be Banksy and you wouldn't even know it"

No comments:

Post a Comment